Date(s) - June 10, 2018 - June 14, 2018
OHBA is very excited to announce this year’s International Housing Study Tour Destination: The Netherlands, a country known for a flat landscape peppered with canals, tulip fields, windmills, cycling routes and, of course, thriving cities! OHBA will be travelling with a small group of builder and developer members to Amsterdam and Rotterdam with a strong focus on modern architecture, energy sustainability, panelized building envelope systems and active transportation within complete communities. This will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take in the culture of these two fantastic Dutch cities, while connecting directly with the most innovative and leading edge residential construction sites in Western Europe.
We are pleased to be joined by partnering sponsor, the EnerQuality Corporation, and joint organizing sponsors Cricket Energy and Ozz Electric. EnerQuality and Cricket/Ozz will both have staﬀ members on hand as educational resources with building science expertise on sustainability. The four-day tour will feature local guides, meetings with housing, planning and building oﬃcials, architectural walking tours, development site and factory tours and a dinner boat cruise of Amsterdam’s famous canals.
- OHBA has arranged a room block for two nights in Amsterdam’s city centre at the DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station and in Rotterdam at the the Hilton for two nights.
- Tour participants will take a high-speed train between the two cities on the evening of day three.
- Please be aware that there is a fair amount of walking on this tour (i.e. on cobblestone roads over a continuous amount of time). Participants are encouraged to wear comfortable shoes.
- OHBA is not arranging airfare as we anticipate a number of members will prefer to arrive a couple days early or remain in Europe following the tour.
- OHBA recommends members book their own ﬂights to arrive in Amsterdam by the afternoon of Sunday June 10th to join the group for a welcome and orientation dinner Sunday evening.
- Members should arrange their own departure from Rotterdam anytime on (or after) Thursday June 14th. Please note that members may wish to arrive a day earlier to get adjusted to the time diﬀerence as we have an action-packed tour planned!
NOTE: Itinerary subject to change. Please be aware that there is a fair amount of walking on this tour (i.e. on cobblestone roads over a continuous amount of time).
|Saturday June 9||OHBA recommends that members attending the tour plan to depart Ontario on this date (or earlier)|
|Sunday June 10||6:15 pm: Meet in the lobby of the DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station.
Welcome Dinner Canal Cruise through Amsterdam
|Monday June 11||Breakfast: DoubleTree by Hilton
Dinner at Ship Chandlers Warehouse
Evening: Free time to explore Amsterdam
|Tuesday June 12||Breakfast: DoubleTree by Hilton
Morning: The Edge tour with PLP Architecture. The Edge is the greenest building in the world, according to British rating agency BREEAM.Lunch
Afternoon: VolkerWessel tour of energy neutral Rijswijk community
Evening: Depart for Rotterdam by high-speed train
Check in to the Rotterdam Hilton
Dinner in Rotterdam
Evening: Free time to explore Rotterdam’s nightlife
|Wednesday June 13||Breakfast: Rotterdam Hilton
Morning: Presentation at MVRDV office and walking tour of Rotterdam including MVRDV’s spectacular mixed-use Market Hall project
Lunch Presentation: Mobycon / Dutch Cycling Embassy
Afternoon: Energiesprong – retrofit site tour.
Dinner at Harbour Club Rotterdam
Evening: Free time to enjoy Rotterdam
|Thursday June 14||Breakfast: Rotterdam Hilton
Depart at any time
EXCLUSIONS (applicable to both Delegate and Spousal)
- Transportation to and from Amsterdam and Rotterdam airports
Please click here to view the tour cancellation policy.
Registration will be taken on a ﬁrst-come, ﬁrst-served basis up to a maximum of 20 members.
OHBA will provide four nights’ accommodations: two nights in Amsterdam (June 10 and June 11) and two in Rotterdam (June 12 and 13). Also included are the local transportation costs and the general itinerary, which will include meals.
We are also oﬀering a spousal package with limited availability that includes: evening/dinner activities, double occupancy, hotel breakfasts, train ticket from Amsterdam to Rotterdam (all day-time tour activities and lunches will be restricted to fully registered delegates).
To register, please click on the image below