Frequently Asked Questions

I’m a homeowner with a complaint/concern about the work of a builder.

OHBA does not track the activity of individual builders. OHBA strongly recommends that all builders in Ontario be registered with Tarion to ensure they conduct business according to industry standards. Please contact the Tarion Ombudsperson Office for more information.

I am a homeowner looking for recommendations for a contractor for my project. Where can I find a list of contractors?

Please browse the online listing of OHBA member builders and professional renovators to make a selection. Alternatively, you can contact the local home builder association nearest your home for more information.

OHBA also recommends RenoMark contractors. RenoMark is recognized across Canada and identifies professional contractors who have agreed to abide by a renovation-specific Code of Conduct. Learn more about RenoMark and find a certified renovator near you.

I have a question about professional development and certification courses offered through OHBA Institute of Building Excellence.

Course details can be found online, including registration, fees, and course offerings. If you have further questions, please contact the course registrar.

I am interested in advertising in the OHBA magazine, Ontario Home Builder, and/or the OHBA website.

Advertising is managed by Laurel Oak. For more details, please click here.

How can I add my business to the OHBA Membership Directory or Buyers’ Guide?

Businesses in either the Membership Directory or Buyers’ Guide are required to be OHBA members – please click here to learn about membership. If you are already an OHBA member, please contact Laurel Oak by calling 905-333-9432

Does OHBA have a list of builders in the GTA I can find?

OHBA is the provincial home builders’ association, and the GTA has their own local association called BILD. Please contact BILD for GTA-specific builder inquiries.

There are also several local associations outside the GTA and in Ontario – find the local association near you.

I would like to build a home or become a homebuilder. Where do I start?

If you would like to build homes in Ontario and/or become a registered home builder, visit Tarion to learn more.

Learn about trades in Ontario from the Ontario College of Trades and contact your community college to find out about course availability.

I have a question about the OHBA Conference and Awards of Distinction.

Please visit the OHBA Conference website and Awards of Distinction website for more details.

Or, sign up to receive newsletter updates about the conference and awards program, and more.

Didn’t find an answer to your question?

Please call contact OHBA