Who We Are
Leading cooperative Ontario home builders associations
OHBA is an advocacy association which is composed of an executive committee, a Board of Directors, five standing committees, and three councils.
The work of the association is done by volunteer members supported by staff who manage the day-to-day business of the association. OHBA staff work on a variety of support documents and services for our local associations and our members.
- Provide administrative support for committees;
- Accompany executive and committee chairs to meetings with provincial representatives;
- Government relations and advocacy;
- Liaise with provincial civil servants;
- Liaise with cabinet ministers and MPPs;
- Liaise with other industry associations;
- Plan and deliver the OHBA conference, and other major association events;
- Organize local and international housing tours and educational seminars;
- Write position papers, respond to new government policies and legislation, issue background information, speeches, press releases, magazine articles; and, day-to-day association management.
OHBA’s in-house staff consists of a CEO, an Association Business Manager, a Policy Director, a Government Relations Manager, a Building Science Expert, A Communications Strategist and an Office administrator. Together we provide a voice for over 4,000 members and 27 Ontario home builders associations.