1. Upon registering for a course, registrants must understand that all requests for refunds must be made only in writing via the postal system, by fax or email. No telephone requests will be accepted.
Ontario Home Builders’ Association
20 Upjohn Road, Suite 101
North York, ON M3B 2V9
Approved refunds will be issued via original form of payment, unless otherwise notified by the OHBA administrator.
2. If a request is received within 14 days of initial registration date, a registrant who requests a refund will receive a full refund less a $150.00 administrative fee (plus HST).
3. If a request is received during the period from 14 days after the registration date to 5pm of the 14th day prior to the one-day in-class session (which is reserved during the registration process), a registrant who requests a refund will receive a 50% refund of the registration fee.
4. Within 14 days from the start of the one-day in-class session, no refunds will be issued; registrants will forfeit all course fees. However, if a registrant supplies documented proof of personal or family emergency (i.e., doctor’s note, death certificate, etc.) the administrator can re-register the individual for another existing class of the same title for the date and location of the registrant’s choice. An administrative fee of $150.00 (plus HST) will apply for this service.
5. Failure to Achieve Passing Grade in Online Chapter Tests & Assignments
Registrants who fail to achieve a minimum pre-established passing grade on the online chapter tests and the online retake chapter test before 5pm of the predetermined cut-off date (21 days prior to the one-day in-class session) will not be permitted to attend the preselected one-day in-class session. The registrant will need to pay the full registration fee in order to take the course again and choose another location/date for the in-class session.
6. Failure to Complete Online Tests &/or Submit Assignments by Cut-off Date
Registrants who fail to complete the online portion of the course and/or who fail to submit their online assignments to their instructor by 5pm of the predetermined cut-off date (21 days prior to the one day in-class session) will not be permitted to attend the preselected in-class session.
Those registrants will receive an email instructing them to contact the course administrator if they wish to re-register in a future course within 5 days of the email notice. An administrative fee of $150.00 (plus HST) will be charged for the re-registration. Please note this option is limited to two (2) occurrences only, after which the student will be required to register to take the course over again at full price.
Student Request Before Cut-off Date: Requests by the student to re-register for another existing course of the same title before 5pm of the 21-day cut-off period will be granted at no cost. However, please note that this no-cost option is limited to one (1) occurrence only, after which the student will be charged a $150.00 administrative fee (plus HST) per occurrence for this service. Please also note the course completion restrictions in #7 below.
7. Course Completion
Registrants will have 12 months from the date of registration to complete the course work, final exam and any rewrites of any exam if necessary. Please note that no refund will be issued after this period. See items above and below for other deadline and refund information.
8. No-show for One-day In-class Session
No-shows for the one-day in-class sessions are non-refundable. However, if a registrant supplies documented proof of personal or family emergency (i.e., doctor’s note, death certificate, etc.) the administrator can re-register the individual for the appropriate one-day in-class session for the date and location of the registrant’s choice. A $150.00 administrative fee (plus HST) will apply for this service. Please note that this option is limited to one (1) occurrence only, after which the student will have to register to take the course over again at full price.
9. Change/Cancellation of Venue and/or Date
If an in-class session location and/or dates are changed or cancelled due to instructor availability, low enrollment or conflict with venue dates or availability, registrants will be given at least 10 days notice via email. A seat will automatically be reserved for the next available one-day in-class session in the same region. If necessary, registrants will have the option to contact the OHBA administrator and choose to be re-registered for a different date and location (for the same course) that better suits their schedule. If none of these options are satisfactory, a full refund will be issued upon the receipt of a written request within 30 days of the notification email date. After that date, refunds will not be issued. Please note, in the case where online access and course workbook(s) have been received, a student will only be eligible for a refund of up to 50% of the fee, due to administrative costs.
We reserve the right to change the Refund Policy; any revised Refund Policy will be posted at elearning4u-chba.com
CUTOFF Date Policy
Cut-off Date: The cut-off date is set 21 days prior to the date of the in-class session. Students must have all online tests and assignments submitted to their instructor for grading by the cut-off date. Once registered for a course, students will receive a confirmation email that will include the cut-off date deadline for their course. In some circumstances, extensions may be granted to registrants who contact their instructor via email. Extensions will be granted at the instructor’s discretion.
Students, who have not passed, submitted or completed the required online tests and assignments by the cut-off date will receive an automatic email notifying them of their failure to meet the deadline. Please refer to #5 and #6 above.